Project managers, Contractors, project engineers, superintendents & project execs!
You can do anything from carry your plans and specs into the field, to manage tasks and issues for subcontractors and more.
Use an iPad on the job site for:
- product brochures and to keep track of estimates
- check emails, project extranets, PDF drawings
- Autocad Viewer app for the iPad. You may want to look for it if you’re interested.
- goodreader and set up folders and store PDF’s for all my projects. iDisk and Dropbox to transfer files. DocsToGo to track submittals, rfi’s and CO’s.
- iAnnotate, is there any other annotation software worthwhile to make notes on the drawings
- The construction apps at www.blocklayer.com might come in handy on your iPad on-site.
- I find Evernote indispensable for field notes.
- Largeviewer- loads large PDF drawings a lot faster than other apps
- Dropbox- keep prints, time cards, work orders, etc
- Notes Plus- take notes in meetings.
- Any of the PDF markup apps, can do as builds, take notes on the prints
- logmein- access your work desktop from anywhere
Cyber Acoustics looks good:
how to make iPads rugged enough for any construction job site. Many of our users have put their iPads inside cases from Otterbox, which work very well. You can read more about iPad and iPad2 cases here: